Friday, September 25, 2009

Things To Do-Joaquin Park

About once a week, I will be listing fun things to do in Provo, sites to see in the area, etc. Hopefully, this will be helpful for those of you who might get the winter blues, for those of you new to the area, or for those of you like me, who are finally venturing out. A new park has emerged on 400 N and 400 E and it is a beauty. Jack and I take daily walks and have seen the location blossom under the breezy summer sky, slowly ever so slowly. I’m not even upset that it has taken the city three years to actually get going on the construction, but I will get upset if they don’t gut the rope down soon and let us all in. You’ll have to go see it, new playground equipment, park benches, grills, lush lawns, and according to the city’s web-site, Joaquin was the name of a 12 year old Indian boy who led some explorers around the area. And I just thought it was named after the attractive gone bizarre actor who is professes a career in hip hop.

1 comment:

  1. k, first of all i love the blog!!!! and love the new things to do in provo ideas

    ReplyDelete